Saturday, October 25, 2008

What is Internet?

The Internet rage has hit the mainstream. Unfortunately, nobody seems to know what it is. The following customer comments are attributed to students at a university campus computer store in the US....

  • Customer: "I'd like to buy the Internet. Do you know how much it is?"
  • Customer: "Can you copy the Internet for me on this diskette?"
  • Customer: "I would like an Internet please."
  • Customer: "I just got your Internet in the mail today..."
  • Customer: "I just downloaded the Internet. How do I use it?"
  • Customer: "I don't have a computer at home. Is the Internet available in book form?"
  • Customer: "Will the Internet be open on Memorial Day tomorrow?"
  • Customer: "We're getting an Internet from you. Are you guys having any problems sending out your Internets?"
  • Customer: "The Internet is running too slow. Could you reboot it please?"
  • Customer: "We're going on holiday for three months, can you suspend the Internet for us please?"
  • Customer: "I have a problem with my Internet. Anyone know how to get the screens smaller?"
  • Customer: "What do you mean I have to pay for Internet access??"
  • Customer: "I lost my Internet. I switched it off last night and turned on this morning, and it's gone. I just paid $19.95 a month, and I have lost it already. Can you send me another one?"
  • Customer: "The Internet site's giving me a busy signal!"
  • Customer: "Every time I call you I get disconnected from the Internet!"

This situation happened in US. Can you imagine what is it like in Malaysia? I believe there are still hundreds or even thousands of Malaysian who does not have correct idea about internet.

No comments: