Saturday, October 25, 2008

Blogging

I am 'technophobia'! I am actually not interested about exploring technology. Only heard about it could makes me anxious. It would be a major problem to me if I have to deal with assignments or tasks which involved the usage of technology tools. And because of that, I am lack of technology as well as internet skills.

Since I am already in higher level of learning, assignments and tasks are mostly expected to be done by using the technology tools or sources from the internet. It quite tough for me at the first place to cope with this new trend in learning. Even though it is tough for me, I still have to learn cuddling with this new medium of modern learning. The first few semester is just 'OK' for me as it only required basic skills of using the technology. Furthermore, the institution have not enough equipment as to allow us to explore more about the technology.

My 5th semester in UM quite shocking for me as we have to deal with almost everything via online. The worst part is we have to acquire lots of new internet skills as to complete lots of tasks and assignments. It is just like a nightmare for me since I do not like technology; not because I am against the modernization, because I am not confident if I could make it through. One of the significant task is to make our own blog to reflect about our journey in this course.

Unconsciously, I begin to like blogging. It is the space for me to express my feelings (in this case, guided) and share my thoughts with others. It is the medium where I could broaden others knowledge as well as my own. Sometimes, our life is just hectic with lots of routine and personal tasks where we do not have so much time to talk to peoples in our surrounding as to gain more information and knowledge about any issues. Blogging is one easy way of gaining knowledge about almost any issues in education, specifically and life generally. We can link with peoples from all around the world and get their views of certain issue. It will broaden the way we thought about education and life. Besides that, personally, I get the opportunity to enhance my writing skills as well as language skills by reading others' blog and writing my own blog. I learned a lot of creative ways of delivering message through correct written form. Other than that, blogging improve my critical thinking skills as I have to analyze and judge a few issues regarding this course and things that related to it. However, peoples always said that, 'good things always come with the disadvantage'. I believe so. But at the mean time, I cannot see the bad side of this mission yet. Maybe after a period of time and lots of experienced, a could tell the disadvantages of sharing information in a blog.

Anyone out there likes to gain and share? Let's have fun guys! Let's blogging!

No comments: